Special Needs Housing Referral Program
The Link to Permanent Housing Initiative was implemented in 2009 by Florida Housing Finance Corporation to provide opportunities for extremely low income (ELI) households with special needs (intellectual and developmental differences – IDD) to access affordable rental housing. In 2015, The Arc Jacksonville became the referral agency for The Link to Permanent Housing Initiative for individuals with IDD in Northeast Florida.
The Arc Jacksonville works with multiple apartment communities throughout Duval County to provide referrals for individuals with IDD seeking affordable housing.
To qualify for a Special Needs Referral, you must:
- Provide proof of disability
- Have community-based supports, based on needs in place
- Meet any applicable age requirement, such as 55+
- Meet the income, background check and rental history requirements set by the apartment community.
Our agency serves and refers individuals with:
- Cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome
- Intellectual disabilities
- Phalan-McDermid syndrome
- Prader-Willi syndrome
- Severe forms of autism
- Spina bifida
If you meet the above criteria, or serve an individual that does, please complete the form below. For additional information, email the Housing Specialist: email@example.com.