Living at The Arc Jacksonville Village
Rental apartments will offer affordability, accessibility and security. Residents will have the ability to access supports and services based on their individual choices and preferences.
An Exciting Independent Living Option
The Arc Jacksonville Village is an affordable, innovative, apartment-style independent living option for adults with I/DD. Residents sign their own leases (some may require a guarantor), determine the type and level of independent living/employment services, define their own lifestyle, make their own decisions and enjoy the same freedoms as anyone else without an I/DD diagnosis. The Arc Jacksonville Village facilitates and supports the pursuit of all persons with I/DD to have options for integration and inclusion in the greater community and to be in charge of their life.
It is important note that The Arc Jacksonville Village is NOT?a:
- ? Glorified Group Home
- ? Special City
- ? Facility/Institution
- ? Residential Program
Although The Arc Jacksonville Village offers a safer community, independent living/community-based employment services, natural supports and volunteers and fun and meaningful on/off-site recreation/leisure/wellness activities, the expectation is for residents to create a life outside of the community grounds and provided services and activities.
The Arc Jacksonville Village is NOT designed to:
- ? Provide 24/7 supervision and/or care
- ? Control friendships and relationships
- ? Dictate lifestyle decision-making
- ? Restrict eating and wellness habits
The Arc Jacksonville Village IS designed to:
- ? Connect residents with customized and needed government and community resources and benefits
- ? Provide services that optimize inclusion, integration, and self-determination of residents
- ? Provide opportunities to increase and enhance independent living skills, decision-making, safety, wellness/medical management, employment, self-advocacy, community access, civic responsibility, and “sense-of-self”
- ? Offer independent living skill-building that leads to the need of very minimal supports in long-term independent living planning
- ? Realize the full potential of residents to live full, meaningful, and independent lives
- ? Assist families and guardians in the process of “letting-go” of their loved one with I/DD to allow this individual grow and flourish as an independent individual
- ? Transform society’s misconceptions of the abilities, capabilities, and “deficits” of persons with I/DD
The Arc Jacksonville Village offers residents a supportive and caring environment that invites the greater Jacksonville community to assist in the vision of ensuring persons with I/DD are viewed and treated as vital and invaluable members of society. The goal of The Arc Jacksonville Village is to be an integral community of the greater community.
Apartments & Amenities
The Arc Jacksonville Village is comprised of 97 affordable one- and two-bedroom rental apartments with wide porches, individual bedrooms and bathrooms, storage space, kitchen/dining areas as well as a washer/dryer, energy-efficient appliances and emergency and fire suppression systems. Residents will choose a one-bedroom, one-bath apartment or share a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment. Each resident will be responsible for furnishing and decorating their home as they like within the lease guidelines.
Of the units, 25% will be completely ADA accessible. The remaining units will be wheelchair accessible. Two apartments will be occupied by staff available for assistance and emergencies during evening and night hours.
The Arc Jacksonville Village features a community center with a great room, game and fitness rooms, theater, activity and meeting rooms, computer lab, mailboxes and a dining hall. Complimentary Wi-Fi will be available through the community center and pool area. The community center is constructed to serve as an emergency shelter in declared weather emergencies.? Additionally, a swimming pool, picnic area and recreational amenities will be on site for residents to enjoy.
Rent & Services
Rent, utilities, food and personal expenses are estimated to cost $900-$1,300 per month based on type of residential unit chosen. Utilities, food and personal expenses will be vary based on the resident?s personal spending habits, and are the responsibility of each resident. .
As an added benefit to residents, individualized referral services will be offered to meet their unique needs. This includes information on government benefits as well as financial planning and medical/mental health resources.
Monthly support services are required for each individual living at The Arc Jacksonville Village. Support services are not included in rent and are an additional cost. Support services can be paid by Medicaid Waiver for eligible residents or through private pay. Individuals who are participating in the Medicaid Waiver program through APD will consult with their Support Coordinator on their selection of service providers. Individuals paying privately will coordinate their services through The Arc Jacksonville. Section 8 Housing Vouchers will be accepted and can subsidize rent.
For a list of support coordinators in the Jacksonville area, click here.