The Arc Jacksonville Village
It’s all about choice!
Now accepting applications!
The Arc Jacksonville Village is an affordable, innovative, apartment-style independent living option for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Residents sign their own leases (some may require a guarantor), determine the type and level of independent living/employment services, define their own lifestyle and make their own decisions. The Arc Jacksonville Village facilitates and supports the pursuit of all persons to have options for integration and inclusion in the greater community and to be in charge of their life.
The Arc Jacksonville Village offers a safe community where the expectation is for residents to create a life outside of the community grounds and provided services and activities. The Arc Jacksonville Village is not designed to provide 24/7 supervision and/or care, control friendships and relationships, dictate lifestyle decision-making or restrict eating and wellness habits.
Living at The Arc Jacksonville Village
The Arc Jacksonville Village invites all interested potential residents to apply to live in our Community!
If you would like to be considered for eligibility, please complete a Potential Resident Interest Survey. The survey consists of 38 questions, so please ensure you have enough time to complete every question.
Below is important information regarding the process – PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
- Interest Surveys are processed in the order they are received based on the needs of The Village and based on meeting initial eligibility criteria. Completing the interest survey does not automatically put an individual on our waitlist and does not automatically make an individual eligible to live at The Village.
- When a survey is ready to be processed, a member of the Village team will make contact to schedule a meeting (either in person or through Zoom). Please understand with the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries. Any necessary communication will be maintained through email: email@example.com.
- Once an individual has completed the eligibility meeting, a determination will be made and the individual will be notified.
- If an individual is deemed eligible to live at The Village, they will either be referred to Property Management for the financial eligibility process if there is a currently available apartment or they will formally be waitlisted for an upcoming available apartment.
- While we cannot predict when there will be a potential opening at The Village, we estimate the wait could be 2+ years depending on one or two-bedroom preference, gender matching for two bedrooms, physical accommodations required, etc.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure The Village has current contact information. Please send all updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arc Jacksonville Village Housing Eligibility:
- At least 18 years of age
- Background screening required
- Annual combined income, which includes benefits, earned income and investment income cannot exceed $29,400
- Monthly resources sufficient to pay rent, utilities, food, independent living expenses, etc.
- Have a co-signer on lease if determined combined benefits and earned income are less than $1,100 per month
- Does not engage in illegal drug use or criminal behaviors
The Arc Jacksonville Village Criteria:
- Identified secure sources of payment for expanded services and supports (i.e. Private Pay, Agency for Persons with Disabilities, Medicaid Waiver, or Vocational Rehabilitation.)
- Participate in an in-depth and in person assessment to determine capacity to live independently and identify additional supports needed.
- Capable of living independently in an apartment setting without consistent staff supervision or significant support.
- Comprehension and follow through of basic safety guidelines and ability to seek emergency assistance.
- Socially compatible – ability to engage in Village and Community activities and events with socially acceptable behavior.
- Motivated and capable of participating in community employment, volunteerism or community programs.
- Confident in making decisions and expressing preferences, including communication with roommate.
- Able to maintain their own living quarters in a clean, acceptable manner as well as prepare simple meals and maintain personal hygiene and grooming.
The Arc Jacksonville Village is comprised of 97 affordable one- and two-bedroom rental apartments with wide porches, individual bedrooms and bathrooms, kitchen/dining areas as well as a washer/dryer, energy-efficient appliances and emergency and fire suppression systems.
Residents will choose a one-bedroom, one-bath apartment or share a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment. Each resident will be responsible for furnishing and decorating their home as they like within the lease guidelines.
Of the units, 25% are completely ADA compliant. The remaining units are wheelchair accessible. Two apartments are occupied by staff available for assistance and emergencies during evening and night hours.
The Arc Jacksonville Village features a community center with a great room, game and fitness rooms, theater, activity and meeting rooms, computer lab, mailboxes and a dining hall. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available through the community center and pool area. Additionally, a swimming pool, picnic area and recreational amenities are on site for residents to enjoy. The community center was built according to hurricane evacuation standards for resident use during a weather emergency.
Rent, utilities, food and personal expenses at The Village are estimated to be $900-$1,300 per month, based on the type of residential unit chosen. Utilities, food and personal expenses are the responsibility of each resident and will vary based on the resident’s personal spending habits.
Monthly support services are required for every individual living at The Arc Jacksonville Village.
Support services are NOT included in rent calculations and are an additional cost. Support services can be paid by Private Pay directly to The Village or through Medicaid Waiver, if eligible. Individuals paying privately will coordinate their services through The Arc Jacksonville Village. Individuals who are participating in the Medicaid Waiver program through APD will consult with their Support Coordinator on their selection of service providers. Section 8 Housing Vouchers are accepted and can subsidize rent.
The Arc Jacksonville Village and its residents must abide by the rules and regulations set forth by low-income housing standards as well as all federal, state, and local laws. Residents must abide by their individual service agreements and leases. Residents will be expected to follow the guidelines established for visitation, sanitation and safety. Noise ordinances must be followed and illegal drug use, criminal behavior and public intoxication will not be allowed. Additionally, pets, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed.
Each apartment bedroom will be rented under a legal agreement (lease) by the individual receiving services and/or guardian co-signer, and the individual has, at minimum, the same responsibilities and protections from eviction that tenants have under the landlord laws of Florida. Nonpayment for rent and/or utilities, criminal behavior and/or arrests, uninhabitable living environment and violating the terms of the lease may result in eviction. For residents with Medwaiver or CDC+ funding for services, documentation will be needed to confirm that services are in place at all times.
Upon moving in, each resident will participate in service coordination. If using Medicaid Waiver, a support plan/APD service agreement is required and will accompany each individual’s lease. If Private Pay, a service agreement is required through The Village and will accompany each individual’s lease. The cost associated with service plans are in addition to rent. Service agreements are a required component of the lease.
All residents will go through training on the rules and regulations of The Arc Jacksonville Village, apartment appliances and features, how to access on-site amenities and remedial training on various aspects of independent living, such as safety, transportation, emergency response and more.