Serve as an AmeriCorps Summer VISTA
AmeriCorps Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) is a national service program all about helping individuals reach their fullest potential. VISTA is designed to build the capacity of an organization and enhance its ability to serve the community.
Summer VISTA Associate
This is a 9-week program helping young adults with intellectual and developmental differences increase their independence. Associates will serve 40 hours per week for 9 weeks, from June 8 through August 2, 2020 and receive $1,916 plus an education award of $1,311, which can be used to help pay for classes in college or repay a college loan. If you do not plan to go further in trade school or college, you may opt for a set cash award of $311.22.
Summer VISTA associates will help young adults with intellectual differences develop independent life skills such as budgeting, transportation, menu planning/meal preparation, downtime activities, shadowing of appropriate social behaviors, as well as developing self esteem and navigating social situations.
This opportunity is part of the VISTA program from the Corporation for National Community Service. In addition to the financial and educational benefits, volunteer service is a great enhancement to a resume or college application.
?How to Apply
Click here to apply online – you must use Internet Explorer
- Click on?hit apply now.
- You will be redirected to another screen to register with AmeriCorps.
- Complete the registration for AmeriCorps you will then be directed to complete an application.? Once the application is complete, you will redirected back to Summer Vital Associate application.
- Link your completed application to the Vital Associate link and you are considered applied.
Things to know
- You must use?Internet Explorer?as your browser.? No other browsers work, they may get you half way through the process and then fail.
- You will be asked for?references.?The reference is done online via a link.? Please inform the people whose name you give as a reference they must complete the reference quickly.
- You must be at least?18 prior?to the first day of service which is June 3rd.
- You?cannot?have outside employment.
- Service dates run from?June 8- August 2nd.? You must complete all 9 weeks in order to receive your educational award and stipend.
Program Start/End Date
06/08/2020 – ? 08/02/2020
Must be at least 18 years old
03/06/2020? to ?05/18/2020