Serve as an AmeriCorps VISTA
The Arc Jacksonville’s VITAL Project
VISTAs Igniting The Community to provide Access to Life
AmeriCorps Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) is a national service program all about helping individuals reach their fullest potential. VISTA is designed to build the capacity of an organization and enhance its ability to serve the community.
VISTA members serve full-time (~40 hours/week) for one full year on projects that build the capacity of the organization. Projects can vary and are not limited to: developing outreach and marketing campaigns, building a social media presence, creating a program database, writing grants, managing a program in its first year, and recruiting volunteers. As a result, VISTA impacts both the person serving as well as the individuals served.
At The Arc Jacksonville, VISTA members serve a vital role in helping individuals with differences take their next step in earning a living, education, independence, creating a home and community involvement.
We are looking for dynamic members of the community who believe in the abilities of every person. Applicants should identify with our ideals:
- People with any disability are valued members of society and Intelligent Quotients (IQ) do not define a person or their worth
- Diversity is valuable
- VISTA members should be positive, engaging leaders with creative solutions to all challenges brought their way
- Living Stipend: Members receive a modest living allowance of approximately $990/month to cover basic living expenses.
- Professional Development Training: Attend in person and virtual training where you learn how to be a community development change agent. All members will receive continual Professional Development training opportunities, boosting their resume and better preparing them for their next step in employment. Members will have opportunities to network and partner with local non-profits, as well as gain valuable experience with the disability population that proves valuable for many future careers.
- Relocation Allowance: If you move 50+ miles from your home to a new community, you receive relocation travel assistance and a settling-in allowance
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE): Earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving you an edge in the federal hiring process.
- Healthcare Benefit: Choose between reimbursement for healthcare or a healthcare plan. Dental and vision are also included.
- End of Service Award: Choose between a $5,815 Segal Education Award to pay for a range of education expenses or a $1,500 cash stipend.
- Child Care: You may be eligible to receive a child care benefit if you have children under the age of 13.
- For a complete list of benefits, visit: https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service