For the safety of our guests and residents, we have decided not to hold Dinner with Bill & Friends this fall, but we still need your help.
The funds raised through Dinner with Bill & Friends are essential to supporting individuals with differences in our community – this year it is crucial. We’ve set a goal of $200,000 and with your help, individuals with differences can still receive services, despite the change in our day-to-day operations.
Jim Whittaker, President & CEO
Dinner with Bill & Friends was named in memory of Bill Sackter, an early ambassador for people with intellectual and developmental differences. Bill spent the better part of his life in an institution and, when eventually moved into the community, he spoke often of the need we all have for a good friend, a good job and a good home.
TIAA Bank’s Moose Match
We are thrilled to share that the TIAA Bank Moose Match will continue again this year! The first $15,000 from donors will be generously matched by TIAA Bank.
Jason “Moose” Hamilton has worked at TIAA Bank for 19 years as a Mail Clerk. Outside of work, he serves on the board of directors for The Arc Jacksonville, plays poker and cheers on the Jacksonville Jaguars.
A Good Life Made Possible by You!
A Good Home
A Good Job
A Good Friend
Although we can’t celebrate together this year, your support will ensure that:
- Individuals in The Arc Jacksonville’s five community homes have 24/7 care and are engaged in meaningful opportunities during the day
- Mental health services are provided virtually and in-person and calls are made weekly to all
participants to check-in
- Individuals in The Arc Jacksonville s day programs are provided with activity packets and virtual learning opportunities to continue to build on their skills.
- Students in The Arc Jacksonville’s On Campus Transition College Experience program at the University of North Florida can still attend college virtually
- The Arc Jacksonville Village is a safe, inclusive, activity-rich environment for 121 residents to live independently
- The Arc Jacksonville’s Advocacy team continues to serve as a resource for individuals and their families