Give the Gift of A Good Life
As we reflect on the past year, we realize now more than ever the importance of a safe home, a good job, and great friends. Our generous donors make it possible for individuals with intellectual and developmental differences to have a good life.
With your support, The Arc Jacksonville is able to provide a safe home to 165 individuals at five community homes and The Village. Our employment team works with individuals to build their skills and match them with local businesses to have a good job. Our day programs and mental health services ensure that individuals receive the support needed to achieve their personal goals and make friends. While the design and delivery of The Arc Jacksonville’s services have changed, the need remains.
Please consider a gift to provide a good life for Berlinda, Eli, Robbie, and so many others. A donation of any amount will make a tremendous impact in the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental differences.
This year, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) provides tax incentives for charitable giving. More information about maximizing your year-end giving through the CARES Act can be found further down on this page.
Berlinda, a resident of the Grove House Community Home, discovered a love of sewing during the quarantine. She has sewn 23 Christmas-themed pillows and requested they be donated to Wolfson’s Children’s Hospital.
Eli, a day program participant, was distraught at not being able to see his brother during this time of isolation. When Eli was able to return to our downtown location in August, we connected Eli with his brother through our mental health services zoom technology. The brothers were brought to tears seeing each other for the first time in months.
Many individuals, like Robbie, started new jobs this year. Robbie works as a tower host at VyStar Credit Union’s headquarters in downtown Jacksonville.
The CARES Act + Your Charitable Donation
This year, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) provides tax incentives for charitable giving.
- Donors who don’t itemize deductions can take a charitable deduction of up to $300 for cash contributions made in 2020.
- Donors who itemize their deductions can now give more to charity before reaching their adjusted gross income (AGI) limitation.
To maximize your year-end giving:
- Make a one-time cash gift (check and credit card acceptable).
- Contribute through a rollover gift from your IRA, if you are 70 ½ years or older. Gifts of $100,000 or less can be made without adding to your taxable income.
- Gift appreciated stocks or property. These gifts can avoid capital gains tax.
- Give through your Donor Advised Fund.
In order to qualify for the CARES Act tax incentives, gifts must be received by December 31, 2020. Receipts for gifts will be mailed within one week of receiving the gift.
- If mailing a check, the envelope must be postmarked by December 31st.
- Gifts made via credit card must be processed by December 31st (make your gift online to ensure your card is charged on time).
Transferring of securities must be received by The Arc Jacksonville and deposited by December 31st. Please plan several days for the transfer to occur.
Gifts of all sizes make a large impact. Cash gifts can be made by mail to:
The Arc Jacksonville
Attn: A Good Life
1050 North Davis Street
Jacksonville, FL 32209
If you would like to make gifts of stock or property, or have questions, please contact:
Sara McMillan, Vice President, Development
904.355.0155 | firstname.lastname@example.org