The Arc Jacksonville Village Housing Eligibility:
- At least 18 years of age
- Background screening required
- Annual combined income, which includes benefits, earned income and investment income cannot exceed $29,400
- Monthly resources sufficient to pay rent, utilities, food, independent living expenses, etc.
- Have a co-signer on lease if determined combined benefits and earned income are less than $1,100 per month
- Does not engage in illegal drug use or criminal behaviors
The Arc Jacksonville Village Criteria:
- Identified secure sources of payment for expanded services and supports (i.e. Private Pay, Agency for Persons with Disabilities, Medicaid Waiver, or Vocational Rehabilitation.)
- Participate in an in-depth and in person assessment to determine capacity to live independently and identify additional supports needed.
- Capable of living independently in an apartment setting without consistent staff supervision or significant support.
- Comprehension and follow through of basic safety guidelines and ability to seek emergency assistance.
- Socially compatible – ability to engage in Village and Community activities and events with socially acceptable behavior.
- Motivated and capable of participating in community employment, volunteerism or community programs.
- Confident in making decisions and expressing preferences, including communication with roommate.
- Able to maintain their own living quarters in a clean, acceptable manner as well as prepare simple meals and maintain personal hygiene and grooming.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!