The Time is Now for Vital Change
- Please contact your state legislators immediately; the legislative session begins in early February.
- Please call, write or email your local legislators. Click here for the Duval Legislative Delegation and their contact information.
- Make your message personal; if you have a loved one receiving services, tell their story and yours
- Tell them that continued services in Florida for its most vulnerable population desperately require additional financial support to address the new mandatory minimum wage.
Florida passed an amendment to increase the minimum wage from $8.56/hour to $15/hour by 2026, a total increase of 75.2%. No plan exists to help providers meet or exceed these wage requirements or endure the ever-increasing cost of operating and maintaining compliance standards set by the state of Florida.
Why It’s Important:
Direct Support Professionals should not be minimum wage jobs. Without increased funding for providers like The Arc Jacksonville, we face a looming crisis. Click here to view more information on this important issue.
- Ask Your Senators and Representatives to:
- Approve multiyear commitments to increase provider rates each year through 2026
- Support the requested increases for Residential Habilitation, Adult Day Training, Personal Supports, and Respite:
- 16% increase in 2021
- 12% increase per year from 2022-2026